The Guiding Principles of INclusion by PRESS:
- Words have an impact! Masaru Emoto showed us the impact of words and music on water. By freezing and photographing the ice crystals that form he found that, “from beautiful words and music, come beautiful crystals, and from mean-spirited, negative words, come malformed and misshapen crystals.” Since the adult human body is approximately 70% water and infant bodies are about 90% water, think of the impact of words such as love and belonging compared to words that label or impose violence on the human body!
- Inclusion requires conversation! Through conversation we can spark change and make a lasting difference. We hope each button we create conversation and expand the circle of advocates for inclusion in communities.
- Our approach to button-making engages the collaborative contributions of a variety of people! We believe that customized buttons will create opportunities for a variety of people to contribute unique artwork, photographs, design ideas, or encouragement and support. Like weaving a tapestry, each button brings together the creativity of a variety of people – each button will be created in community.
- Inclusion in community requires meaningful engagement in expanding relationships! INclusion by Press provides people with meaningful engagement. Members of Sadie’s Place for Innovative Inclusion are involved in the creation and delivery of buttons. We hope our buttons will support inclusion efforts of local charities, non-profit, and allied organizations.
- Buttons will be born in celebration! Blurring the line between work and leisure, each button is born in celebration. As an option we will host “button making parties” for small groups to design and press their own buttons.
To help support inclusion in your community you can connect with INclusion by PRESS in the following ways:
- order buttons from our existing stock of inclusion button designs (see below),
- order buttons using your own button designs,
- engage in creativity parties.
For more information about ordering buttons and creativity parties, please click here.
You can also find our buttons on sale at select locations in Waterloo Region. See our events page regarding our buttons for sale at the Waterloo Region Museum, Queen Street Commons Cafe, and our involvement in other community events. You can also find out what we are up to on our Facebook page.
Our team works together to create button designs that embrace our values of compassion, celebration, community, diversity, creativity, and relationships.